Our mission is to diagnose and treat common behavioral problems in companion animals. These include:
- Aggression/Anxiety Disorders
- Elimination Disorders
- Phobias and Fears
- Sterotypic/Compulsive Behaviors
The full consultation involves review of history forms and in-person interview followed by discussion of the diagnosis and treatment plan. Additional support via phone and email is included with the cost of the consultation fee to assist in implementing the treatment recommendations. The full consultation can last from 1-2 hours and follow up appointments are typically 30-60 minutes in duration. Therapy of behavior disorders can be complex and time consuming, so a commitment to the pet is essential to increase the likelihood of success.
Prior to the appointment, we will send you a behavior questionnaire (or you may choose to download it directly from the site). A veterinary history form will also be forwarded to your referring veterinarian. Please return these to our hospital via fax or email for evaluation prior to the scheduled consult. You may contact us at any stage to schedule the appointment.
Full Consultation Fee: $580
- Includes evaluation of your pet's history, discussion of diagnosis and treatment plan, a written summary of the consultation, 4 months of email/telephone follow up, a follow up visit (no additional charge) within 3 months of the initial consultation, and reporting to your veterinarian.
- Charges for lab work, behavior equipment, and medication (if indicated) are additional
- If medication is dispensed, a 4 month follow-up consultation is required for continued case evaluation and refilling of medication
- Non-Behavioral procedures will be directed back to your referring veterinarian.
Initial Assessment Appointment: $325 (30-60 minutes)
- Includes evaluation of your pet's history and discussion of diagnosis and prognosis and basic safety instructions if indicated
- This type of appointment is for pet owners who aren’t sure if they need the help of a veterinary behaviorist or who aren’t sure if they want to treat their pet
- A Treatment Plan Appointment can be scheduled after the initial assessment to develop a specific plan for your pet.
Treatment Plan Appointment: $340 (45-60 minutes)
- For pets who had an initial assessment appointment
- Includes discussion of a treatment plan, a written summary of the recommendations, 4 months of email/telephone follow up, a follow up visit (no additional charge) within 3 months appointment, and reporting to your veterinarian
- Charges for lab work, behavior equipment, and medication are additional
Level I Follow Up Consultation Fee: $250
This would apply for:
- For clients who want another follow-up visit during the initial 4 month period or after that access has ended
- Includes a 30-60 minute consultation and written report
- This consult level DOES NOT include follow up email/telephone consultation
Level II Follow-Up Consultation Fee: $350
- Includes 30-60 minute consultation, written report, 4 months of email/telephone follow up, and reporting to your veterinarian.
- The need for follow up visits vary from case to case.
- Includes review of patient history and consultation with the patient's veterinarian.
- This is meant for veterinarians who have an interest in behavior but need some guidance in managing a case.
- The pet owner completes the appropriate history forms, returns them to our office where they are reviewed. A report is compiled, forwarded to the regular veterinarian and we have a consultation with the veterinarian to help arrive at a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- All communication with the pet owner is through the regular veterinarian.
- The pet's regular veterinarian would assign their own charges to the pet owner