We understand that you may be asking yourself if this service is right for you? You have come to the right place if:
- Your regular veterinarian or a trainer has told you that your pet's behavioral problems are outside the scope of his/her care or expertise.
- Your pet has injured you, another person or another pet.
- Your pet has stereotypic, destructive and/or self-injurious behavior.
- Your pet always seems afraid.
- Something in your gut tells you that your pet's behavior is outside the norm of a happy, healthy dog or cat.
To further understand the behavior services that we provide, please review our consultation descriptions below and/or read this brochure - "What is a Veterinary Behaviorist?"
If you are still uncertain whether or not our practice is right for you and your pet, please contact us.
Therapy of behavior disorders can be complex and time consuming, so a commitment to the pet is essential to increase the likelihood of success.
Behavior Consultations & Fees
Full Consultation - $580
- Includes evaluation of your pet's history, a discussion of a diagnosis and treatment plan, a written summary of the consultation, 4 months of email follow up, a recheck visit (no additional charge) within 4 months of the initial consultation, and reporting to your veterinarian.
- The initial consultation is approximately 2 hours in length, and the follow up appointment is approximately one hour.
- Charges for lab work, behavior equipment, and medication (if indicated) are additional.
- Non-behavioral procedures will be directed back to your referring veterinarian.
- For additional information on what to expect from a Full Consultation, please read our CVBC New Appointment Letter.
Level II Follow Up Consultation Fee: $350
- For clients who have completed an Initial Consultation with their pet, but feel that continued care is still warranted.
- Includes a 30-60 minute in-person recheck appointment, a written report, 4 months of email follow up, and reporting to your veterinarian.
- The need for follow up visits vary from case to case.
Vet-to-Vet Consultation: $275
- Includes review of patient history and consultation with the patient's veterinarian.
- This is meant for veterinarians who have an interest in behavior but need some guidance in managing a case.
- The pet owner completes the appropriate history forms and returns them to our office where they are reviewed. A report is compiled, forwarded to the regular veterinarian, and we have a consultation with the veterinarian to help arrive at a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- All communication with the pet owner is through the regular veterinarian.
- The pet's regular veterinarian would also assign their own charges to the pet owner.